You need to be admin to create a table – but anybody can use one. Go to Tables by Supsystic at or near the bottom of the dashboard.
For the club websites a few tables have been created for you, including a round robin tournament and a simple knockout. For a federation website there maybe no need for any tables.
The on line documentation is good but here are a few points that might help you.
- You can add header rows and a caption via the Settings tab
- The Editor tab lets you change formatting and shading
- If you can’t find how to do things, right-click the table and you’ll find options to add/delete rows/columns, or merge cells
- If you need to duplicate a table, open an existing table, and choose the ‘Clone’ button at the top of the page. You can then modify that rather than starting from scratch
- For more details see Supsystic Data Tables Generator which also tries to persuade you to buy a license.
Once you’ve created a table, you can embed it into your content. There’s a button on the text editor that has a T in a pale blue circle. Click that and you can place a table into your page.
Don’t try editing a table by looking in the page where it’s visible. You have to go to the Tables plugin in the dashboard.